Nollywood filmmaker Kunle Afod has appealed to Nigerians for financial and medical assistance for veteran actor Opebe, who is currently battling an undisclosed illness.
Afod made the plea on Friday during a visit to the actor’s residence in Ibadan, where he shared a video showing Opebe’s condition.
Speaking in the video posted on his Instagram page, Afod urged well-meaning Nigerians and organisations to come to the veteran actor’s aid.
“Our fans, we have come again this time around for one of our elders in the industry, Baba Opebe.
“He’s not feeling healthy. His health is diminishing, depreciating, I don’t know the English that I can use to describe his situation right now as you all can see him.
“Please if you know where we can take him to or any support you can give to him please let’s help him. Nigerians, we want your support, we want your help. Please come to his aid,” he said.
Speaking about his health condition, Opebe disclosed that he had been away from acting because of his deteriorating health.
“I have been away from the screen because of my health. I have done a series of tests but nothing was found,” the veteran actor said.
According to him, doctors only discovered that he had a low blood count and gave him four pints of blood.
“I have been on it since last year. We have been to different hospitals. I was not diagnosed with any illness but it’s now getting worse,” he added.
Afod’s appeal has drawn attention to the veteran actor’s condition as he seeks further medical assistance.

Post a Comment