Controversial activist VeryDarkMan has made fresh claims about the late singer Mohbad’s wealth, alleging that his girlfriend, Wumi, and his younger brother quietly went to court to seek access to his money while Nigerians believed she was mourning his death.
Speaking in a video, VeryDarkMan revisited the events surrounding Mohbad’s death on September 12, 2023, questioning the silence of people who were allegedly close to the singer during his final moments.
He recalled that an 11-second video announcing Mohbad’s death surfaced online that evening, but said the footage did not explain how the singer died or how his body ended up in the position shown.
According to VeryDarkMan, Wumi and other people who were allegedly in a position to explain what happened did not immediately provide details, leading to widespread questions and speculation surrounding the circumstances of the singer’s death.
He also recalled Wumi’s social media post after Mohbad’s death, in which she expressed grief and said the singer had been taken away from her, but did not explain what had happened.
VeryDarkMan said the uncertainty fuelled speculation involving Naira Marley and others, particularly because of Mohbad’s previous public disputes with the singer and members of his circle.
He further noted that the unanswered questions eventually contributed to the decision to conduct a coroner’s inquest to establish the identity of the deceased and determine when, where and how he died.
However, VeryDarkMan claimed that developments allegedly discovered in October 2025 revealed that while the public believed Wumi was mourning, she and Mohbad’s younger brother had taken steps in court concerning the late singer’s money.
“While everyone thought she was mourning, Mohbad’s girlfriend and his younger brother went to court to get all his money,” he alleged.
The claim has added another layer to the long-running controversy surrounding Mohbad’s death and estate.
However, VeryDarkMan’s allegations have not been independently established, and the individuals involved have not, based on the information available, publicly responded to the latest claims.

Post a Comment